This sheet-pan keto zucchini noodles and shrimp is the perfect weeknight meal made in 30 minutes. The warm-yet-still-light noodle and shrimp bowl suits the cooler end-of-summer days while put to good use the last batches of garden zucchinis.
After I have tried zucchini noodles raw, stir-fried, roasted and in the soup, roasted zucchini noodles are by far my favourite. They are especially great to serve with my paleo meatballs in marinara sauce, but when you don’t have the time to make the meatballs or a proper sauce, tossing some shrimps onto the same tray while roasting zucchini noodles yields this really yummy keto zucchini noodles and shrimp dish!
Easy Keto Zucchini Noodles
The keto zucchini noodles and shrimp is really easy to make. This dish is also a great option for those who are eating paleo, keto, whole 30, and low-carb.
Tools You Will Need
To make this quick and healthy keto zucchini noodles and shrimp recipe, you will need a few special tools to make the task easy:
- Sheet pan is definitely a must. I recommend a 14in x 20in large sheet pan or a couple of smaller ones. I spread out my zucchini noodles in a thin layer, so that they will be slightly golden after roasting; if you pile up the zucchini noodles in a small baking dish, they will turn out like steamed.
- Unless you buy already spiralized zucchini noodles, you will need a spiralizer to make your own.
- I highly recommend a garlic press for mincing garlic cloves. The garlic press will extract the most flavour out of the garlic for the shrimp marinade.
- The stainless steel lemon squeezer is my new favourite tool in the kitchen for extracting fresh lemon juice. I used to have a enamelled lemon squeezer, but the enamel cracked and peeled off over time making the lemon squeezer unsafe to use. I couldn’t be happier with my stainless steel lemon squeezer that is safe and will last me forever.
- Lastly a citrus zester to zest the lemon.
Related: More Easy Keto Recipes You Will Love
- Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice /w Hot Dog and Eggs
- Mini Mushroom Pancakes (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Keto Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
- Baked Eggs in Portabella Mushroom Caps (Paleo, Keto, Whole 30)
- Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Minced Pork (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Easy Chicken Liver Pâté (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
Sheet-Pan Keto Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp
- Sheet Pan
- 1 1/2 lb zucchini noodles (from 3 medium zucchinis)
- 3/8 tsp sea salt or Hymalayan salt
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lb raw sustainable shrimps, shell removed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Hymalayan salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Meanwhile, if you are not using pre-made zucchini noodles, spirlize the zucchinis using a spiralizer.
- Toss the zucchini nooldes in the avocado oil and 3/8 tsp of salt, mix well and then spread evenly in a thin layer on the sheet pan.
- Place the zucchini noodles in the oven and let it roast for 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the zucchini noodles to cook, mince 3 cloves of garlic (I use this garlic press), and then marinate the shrimps (shells removed) in 1/2 tsp of salt, minced garlic, and ground black pepper.
- After the zucchini noodles are cooked in the oven for 15 mins, remove the sheet pan from the oven, spread the shrimps on the same sheet pan with the zucchini noodles, and then return back to the oven to roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini noodles and shrimps from the oven. If making 2 servings of the zucchini noodles and shrimps, be sure to divide up the zucchini and shrimps evenly, and then add half of each of the following toppings to the dish: organic lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice (I use this lemon squeezer), and freshly chopped parsley.