Stir fry bean sprouts with minced pork is so tasty and easy to make! This is a great bean sprouts recipe for quick weeknight meals, and to incorporate more healthy sprouts into our diet.
This bean sprouts with minced pork is an authentic Chinese home-style dish. Naturally keto, low-carb and gluten-free.
Are Bean Sprouts Healthy?
Yes. Bean Sprouts are nutrient-rich with many health benefits. They contain high level of vitamin C, protein and fibre. The sprouting process reduces phatic acid in the original beans, and releases more vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
Want to get more nutrition from sprouted foods? Make a simple sprouted salad, and try this sprouted chickpea sweet potato hummus. You can even grow your own sprouts at home.
Spicy Chinese Bean Sprouts Recipe
Bean sprouts is a common vegetable in Asian countries. I grew up eating them often. Despite using only a few staple Chinese ingredients, this bean sprouts dish is really flavourful! You will love the marinated ground pork and the heat of the dry chili peppers in the dish.
Stir Fry Bean Sprouts Ingredients and Substitution
- Bean Sprouts: This recipe uses mung bean sprouts. You can also use soy bean sprouts.
- Ground Pork
- Soy Sauce: I use Tamari, a gluten-free soy sauce, for this recipe. You can use regular soy sauce or coconut aminos as a soy-free alternative.
- Cooking Rice Wine
- Dried Chili Peppers: This recipe uses whole dry chili peppers. If you don’t have whole chili peppers, you can substitute with a pinch of chili pepper flakes instead.
- Green Onion
- Avocado Oil or Lard
- Vinegar: Any light coloured vinegar, such as rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
How to Cook Stir Fry Bean Sprouts
- Prepare all ingredients: wash and drain bean sprouts, grate the ginger, chop the onion, marinate the minced pork.
- Fry aromatics and minced pork until cooked through.
- Add bean sprouts into minced pork, season and cook together.
You can serve this bean sprouts stir fry with rice, Chinese pancakes, vegetable crepes, or on the side of congee and porridge.
If you are on a low-carb or keto diet, this bean sprouts with minced pork stir fry is an excellent noodle replacement, or serve with this keto fried rice.
Related: More Low-Carb Keto Dishes You Will Love
- Easy Stir Fry Kimchi & Pork Belly
- Sheet-Pan Keto Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp
- Chinese Steamed Egg Custard in Instant Pot
Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Minced Pork
- 1 lb bean sprouts
- 100 g ground pork
- 1 tbsp naturally-brewed tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking rice wine
- 3 whole dried chili pepper or a pinch of chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp avocado oil or lard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Marinate the minced pork with tamari soy sauce and cooking rice wine.
- Wash and drain bean sprouts, grate the ginger, chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, fry onion, ginger and whole dried chili pepper (don't cut the chili pepper, else it will be too spicy) for a couple minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the marinated minced pork into the frying pan, stir fry for about 3 minutes until the pork is cooked through.
- Add bean sprouts into the frying pan, season with salt and vinegar, stir fry on high heat for about 3 minutes.
Megan Stevens says
Wow, such a novel way to use bean sprouts. Although this is traditional, I learned about it from you and hadn’t heard about it before. So easy and delicious!
I love this idea! Adding it to my weeknight dinner rotation.
Stacey Crawford says
Such a good idea to use bean sprouts in a stir fry in place of noodles. So tasty with the pork and the sauce.