Gummy lego candy is a great party favour and home-made gift for kids. Gummies made from real fruits and quality gelatin can be very healthy for the gut, skin, joints, hair and nail.
Before I made my own gummy candies at home, I always told my kids to stay away from the squishy candies sold in stores. Store-bought gummies are often loaded with artificial flavours, refined sugar and syrup, as well as food colourings.
Is Gelatin in Gummies Healthy?
Interestingly, a few friends mentioned to me that they thought gelatin in gummy candies is unhealthy for us. Contrary to the popular mis-belief, gelatin isn’t one of the reasons to stay away from gummies.
Similar to collagen, gelatin is the protein found in our bone broth, which is increasingly recognized as a healing super food. Gelatin is just cooked collagen. The difference is, gelatin gels while collagen doesn’t, therefore we will use gelatin in gummy recipes. Like collagen, gelatin has many health benefits:
- Improve Skin Health
- Promote Younger, Firmer Skin
- Support Joint Health
- Improve Gut Function and Digestion
- Keep Excess Inflammation in Check
- Build and Restore Muscle
- Support a Healthy Metabolism
- Keep Appetite In Check
- Promote Healthy Brain Function
- Promote Deeper Sleep
Special Ingredients and Tools
When shopping for gelatin, make sure it comes from a healthy good source without harmful additives. I use the Perfect Gelatin from Brazilian pasture-raised cows, free of chemical pesticide, antibiotics or hormones. My discount code “YANG10” will give you 10% off your entire order at Perfect Supplements. I also love their organic chicken bone broth powder, desiccated liver and aquatic greens.
I made this gummy lego candy recipe for my boys – they are in the age that really loves lego, so I bought these cute lego candy moulds. The gummy lego candy was a hit at birthday parties, for gifting, even for packed snacks in school lunch boxes.
Related: More Tasty Recipes Using Gelatin
Let’s connect on social media! Find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Subscribe to my newsletter for free nourishing recipes and blog updates delivered to your inbox.
Healthy Gummy Lego Candy (Paleo, Whole 30)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherry, pits removed
- 1/2 cup grass-fed gelatin (use discount code "YANG10" for 10% off)
- In a food processor, blend cherry, pomegranate juice and lemon juice until smooth. Transfer the mixture into a small sauce pan.
- Stir the gelatin powder into the mixture a little at a time to make sure there is no lumps.
- Heat the sauce pan while stirring the mixture, until the gelatin completely dissolve. It may take up to 5 minutes. Do not bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into gummy moulds (I use this one). Move to the fridge and let it cool down completely, for about 30 minutes or until the liquid turns solid.
- Pop all the gummies out. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge, for up to a week.