Tahini lime dressing is tangy, rich and flavourful! Here I share a super delicious pairing of this dressing with a salad containing live, nutritious sprouts. Very quick to toss together, and a great recipe for spring detox.
You can also make the dressing ahead of time and store in the fridge. This dressing is extremely versatile and handy to have all year around.
Paleo Tahini Lime Dressing
Sweetened with honey, this dressing is paleo, and refined-sugar free.
Tahini Lime Dressing Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this dressing.
- tahini (a.k.a. sesame paste)
- ground black pepper
- sesame oil or water (optional)
What to Serve with Tahini Lime Dressing?
The lime tahini dressing is very versatile. You can use it on a variety of dishes, such as Buddha bowls, roasted or steamed veggies, noodle salads, or meats.
I particularly love this dressing on salads containing sprouts. In the recipe below, I really like that the flavour of tahini, lime, cilantro, cucumber and garlic all come together. It’s a combination that reminds me of Asia.
What to Put in the Sprouted Salad?
These are organic French green lentil sprouts I grew for about 3 to 4 days, until the tails are long enough and ready for eating. I like that the French green lentils are smaller than the regular green lentils. And you can also use other editable sprouts instead, such as alfalfa, broccoli, and fenugreek sprouts etc. Various sprouts and microgreens are becoming more popular and available in the grocery stores nowadays, which makes life convenient. I was so happy when I found these beautiful organic purple radish sprouts at the grocery store! If you want to grow your own sprouts, check out how to grow sprouts and the health benefits of sprouting.
Related: More Tasty Salad Dressing Ideas You Will Love
- Pickle Juice Salad Dressing /w Summer Herbs
- Kefir Avocado Green Goddess Dressing (Keto, GAPS, Vegan)
- Avocado Salad in Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- Warm Brussels Sprout Salad in Miso Dressing
Tahini Lime Dressing + Sprouted Salad
Tahini Lime Dressing
- 2 tsps tahini
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- water or sesame oil (optional)
- 2 cups lettuce or salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup sprouted organic French green lentils
- 1/2 cup radish sprouts
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 yellow sweet pepper
- 1 avocado
- a few sprigs of cilantro
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Cut the lettuce, cucumber, peppers, and avocado into bite size.
- Use the lettuce as the base, layer all salad ingredients the prettiest you can.
- Extract the juice of 1 lime. Finely mince the garlic.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. Only add a little water or sesame oil if the mixture is too thick, because different brand of tahini or sesame sauce may come in different thickness. A little extra liquid will help to thin out to the consistency you desire.
- Pour the dressing over the salad when ready to serve. Enjoy!
- You can use any salad greens of your choice in place of the lettuce, such as curly endives, watercress or arugula.
- You can use any sprouts in place of French green lentil sprouts and purple radish sprouts.
- Add or substitute with other raw or cooked veggies as you wish.
Healthy World Cuisine says
We love everything about this salad! So nourishing and healthy. Just pinned! Take care