These braised veal chops are smothered in a tangy cream sauce. They are tender and delicious, and will surely become your favourite veal chop recipe. Suitable for keto, low-carb and gluten-free diets.
Braised veal chops use only 8 ingredients and take under 30 minutes to put together. This dish is quick for busy weeknights, yet fancy enough to impress your dinner guests. Watch the video below for how easy it is to make the braised veal chops.
Braised Veal Chop Ingredients
- Veal Chops
- Ghee or Butter
- Fresh or Dried Oregano
- Dry White Wine
- Full-Fat Sour Cream
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
Versatile Cream Sauce
The star of this dish is the tangy cream sauce. My favourite pairing with the sauce is veal chops, but you can also substitute the veal with chicken thighs or pork chops. This recipe is truly versatile. Just make sure to cook the chicken and pork throughly, and you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Keto and Gluten-Free Veal Chops Recipe
The cream sauce is keto and gluten-free. The sauce is thickened with sour cream instead of flour. For a low-carb meal, try pairing the veal chops with saffron cauliflower rice risotto.
Related: More Tasty Low-Carb Gluten-Free Dinners You Will Love
- Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Osso Buco (Low-Carb, Paleo)
- Easy Stir Fry Kimchi & Pork Belly
- Sausage & Mussels in Tomato Broth (Paleo, Low-Carb)
- Keto Sushi (Probiotic, Low-Carb)
- Baked Eggs in Portabella Mushroom Caps (Paleo, Keto, Whole 30)
- Sheet-Pan Keto Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp (Paleo, Whole 30, Keto)
- Moo Shu Pork (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice /w Hot Dog and Eggs
- 11 Keto Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- 40+ Quick and Easy Keto Dinner Recipes
Creamy Braised Veal Chops (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- 2 veal chops approx. 1 to 1.5 pounds per 2 veal chops
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ghee or butter
- 2 teaspoons dried or finely minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the veal chops.
- Heat the ghee or butter over medium-high in a frying pan. Fry the veal chops in the pan until both sides are browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add oregano, wine, sour cream and lemon juice. Cover the pan with a lid. Simmer the veal chops over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.