The roasted cauliflower salad is slightly sweet and tangy. The turmeric dressing is full of anti-inflammatory benefits and versatile to use in other dishes too. This cauliflower salad is delicious served warm or cold.
I remade this roasted cauliflower salad based on a dish I had during my travels. It was at a Vancouver restaurant where everything I tried were simply amazing. I had also remade the hamachi crudo from the same restaurant. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed. Watch the video below for how to make the roasted cauliflower salad.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
- Avocado oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Black pepper
- Sesame Seeds
Tips to Make The Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Make sure the cauliflower florets are padded completely dry and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet for roasting.
- Roast a whole head of garlic alongside the cauliflower, then use the roasted garlic in the dressing. Roasted garlic adds amazing flavours that raw garlic does not, as well as thickens the dressing.
- I use avocado oil for roasting and extra virgin olive oil in the dressing, because extra virgin olive oil isn’t suitable for high-heat cooking.
- Adding black pepper in the dressing helps to boost absorption of curcumin, the medicinal compound in turmeric.
Make-Ahead Salad and Storage
This salad is great served warm immediately or served cold at a later time. As a make-ahead dish, you can store it in a sealed container in the fridge and let it soak up the tasty dressing.
Related: More Tasty Cauliflower Dishes You Will Love
- Low-Carb Saffron Cauliflower Rice Risotto
- Anti-inflammatory Garlic Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
- Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice /w Hot Dog and Eggs
Related: More Anti-Inflammatory Dishes Using Turmeric
- Turmeric Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Pineapple-Turmeric-Ginger Probiotic Sauerkraut
- No-Cook Golden Milk Coconut Mango Pudding (Paleo, AIP, GAPS)
Roasted Cauliflower Salad in Turmeric Dressing (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400℉.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle salt over the cauliflower and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of avocado oil.
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic. Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon of avocado oil over the open flesh of the garlic. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped garlic on the baking sheet along side the cauliflower florets.
- Place the baking sheet on the centre rack of the oven. Roast the cauliflower and the garlic for 40 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer the roasted cauliflower into a large bowl.
- Open the packet of the roasted garlic, and squeeze out the garlic flesh. In a small bowl, mix roasted garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, black pepper, and turmeric powder. Stir everything until smoothly combined to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cauliflower. Sprinkle the cauliflower with mint, parsley and sesame seeds. Mix everything together.