Make a seafood noodle with classic Asian flavour combination. The bone broth powder will take the mason jar instant noodle to the next level. This is a great recipe for meal prep, portable work lunch, and taking to camping.
When I was a kid, one of the foods I loved so much in Asia was instant noodles. I don’t know any Asians who don’t love noodles, and there is something special about instant noodles – it’s a tasty fast food, but the seasonings for the soup base often contain artificial flavours without much nutrients and the noodles are often full of preservations.
For those reasons, I eat instant noodles so sparingly these days, and I have been wanting to make my own instant noodle jar instead.
Recently I discovered a new product, an organic chicken bone broth powder (use discount code “YANG10” for 10% off). I immediately thought this is perfect to go into a make-ahead noodle jar as the soup base.
The bone broth powder turned out to be a super time-saver, while meeting the nutritional profile containing type I, II, III collagen, 19 amino acids, glucosamine and chondroitin. Because this organic chicken bone broth powder is made from 100% organic free-range chicken bones, it does not contain any fillers, glyphosate, pesticide, additives, preservatives, MSG, or sugar. It is also low-sodium without added flavours, so I can season it anyway I want. There is a lot of versatility to use the bone broth powder in a variety of recipes. And finally I don’t need to feel any guilt eating my own version of the instant noodles!
If you are going to pick up the organic chicken bone broth powder to try, I want you to know that my discount code “YANG10” is good for your entire order at Perfect Supplements, even stackable with their volume discount for up to 40% off. So go take advantage, pick up a few things and stock up on the bone broth powder!
Now you know what a bone broth fan I am, I have so many cook-from-scratch bone broth recipes for you too.
- Leftover Turkey Carcass Broth
- Instant Pot Shiitake Ginger Chicken Bone Broth (All Purpose Asian Stock)
- Turkey Quinoa Pumpkin Soup (with a Bone Broth Base)
- Immune-Boosting Chicken Broth Seaweed Egg Drop Soup
- Chinese Herbal Healing Oxtail Soup
Because gluten and grain intolerance are on the rise, I want to introduce 2 kinds of gluten-free and grain-free noodles we use in Asia.
The white noodles in the photo above are the shirataki noodles made from konjac root, sometimes it also comes in light brown colour in the health food stores. The dark brown noodles in the photo above are wild fern root noodles, a bit hard to find and your best bet is to check out an Asian grocery store.
You don’t need to cook shirataki noodles, they are ready to use coming out of the package, while the fern root noodles requires cooking according to the instruction.
You can certainly use any other kind of noodles.
A make-ahead noodle jar is great for the following occasions:
- portable lunch
- meal prep for a busy week
- bring to camping
- bring to picnic
- satisfy noodle soup cravings
Let’s connect on social media! Find me on Facebook, Instagram, and twitter. Subscribe to my newsletter for free nourishing recipes delivered to your inbox.
Asian Seafood Bone Broth Instant Noodle Jar
- 6 large sustainable shrimps
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- pinch of ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp healthy cooking fat of choice (butter, ghee, coconut oil, avocado oil, tallow or lard)
- 1/2 cup cooked organic corn kernels
- 1/2 cup raw organic enoki mushrooms
- 3/4 cup cooked noodles of choice
- 1 tsp dried wakame seaweed
- 2 tsp organic chicken bone broth powder (use my discount code YANG10 for 10% off)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp green onion
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
Make Sautéed Shrimps
- Marinade shelled raw shrimps with 1 clove of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the healthy cooking fat of your choice (such as butter, lard or coconut oil) in a heavy bottom pan (I use cast iron), then cook marinaded shrimps along with minced garlic until the shrimps are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. The minced garlic should be very fragrant.
Assemble Noodle Jar
- Place cooked noodles of your choice in the bottom of a 1 litre mason jar. I use shirataki noodles and wild fern root noodles in the photos of this recipe. Shirataki noodles are ready to use out of package. Wild fern root noodles need to be cooked first, see instruction in notes below. If using other noodles, be sure to cook them according to package instruction first.
- Layer on top of the cooked noodles the following ingredients: cooked corns, raw enoki mushroom, dried wakame, chicken bone broth powder (use my discount code YANG10 for 10% off), sea salt, garlic powder, green onions, and sautéed shrimps. Make sure to add all the fried minced garlic as well as the fat the garlic and shrimps were cooked in to the mason jar.
- Store assembled noodle jars in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Serve Instant Noodles
- Pre-made noodle jars can be served as a quick meal at home or a portable meal to work, picnic and camping. Add 1.5 cup of hot water to the mason jar, shake well until all the seasoning dissolve, then serve.
- Additional instructions for cooking fern root noodles: soak the dry fern root noodles in warm water until softened, boil 3 to 5 minutes in hot water, then rinse in cold water.
Are you also an instant noodle lover? Have you used a bone broth powder before? What recipe would you make with a bone broth powder?