The creamy shrimp avocado dip is absolutely amazing! This healthier twist on the classic shrimp dip is extra nutritious by incorporating avocado. The recipe is gluten-free and keto, and takes only 10 minutes to make.
I love an old-fashioned shrimp dip made with cream cheese. But when I changed up my dip with avocado, I immediately fell in love with it. This creamy shrimp avocado dip is even tastier than the traditional shrimp dip you already love! Avocado adds creaminess, heart-healthy fat and fibre. Watch the video below for how easy it is to make this delicious dip.
Creamy Shrimp Avocado Dip Ingredients
- Cooked Shrimps
- Full-Fat Sour Cream
- Plain Mayonnaise
- Hot Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Green Onions
- Fresh Dill
What Kind of Shrimps Should I Use?
It is the most convenient to use a cooked shrimp product in this recipe, so that there is no additional cooking required to make this dip. I use pre-cooked and peeled frozen shrimps. Because we are turning the shrimps into a dip, you can buy the smaller-sized shrimps. They are more economical and require less chopping.
Tips to Make the Best Shrimp Avocado Dip
- To make a silky smooth dip, mesh the avocado well first before adding other ingredients.
- To prevent the dip from getting soggy, make sure to completely drain the shrimps. If the shrimps are soaked in liquid, you can gently squeeze the shrimp to let out extra juice.
- The dip tastes the best when consumed immediately. Make it right before serving to avoid browning of the dip.
More Shrimp Recipes You Will Love:
- Easy Baked Butterfly Shrimp (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Olive and Preserved Lemon Poached Shrimp
- Sheet-Pan Keto Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp (Paleo, Whole 30, Keto)
- Asian Seafood Bone Broth Instant Noodle Jar
More Tasty Keto and Gluten-Free Snacks You Will Love:
- Easy Chicken Liver Pâté (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Keto Sushi (Probiotic, Low-Carb)
- Cheesy Weed Crackers (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Mini Mushroom Pancakes (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
Creamy Shrimp Avocado Dip (Gluten-Free, Keto)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/4 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plain mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimps thawed if previously frozen
- 3 stalks green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice into the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drain cooked shrimps completely. Reserve a few pieces for garnish. Chop rest of the shrimps into small pieces of your liking.
- Add the shrimps, sliced green onions and chopped fresh dill into the mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Transfer the mixture into a serving dish. Garnish the dip with whole shrimps. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetable sticks immediately.