Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of cannabis in these healthy weed brownies. This recipe is gluten-free, nut-free and sweet without refined-sugar.
Last time I shared a classic weed brownies recipe, because I wanted to offer a pot brownie recipe using only basic ingredients and assessable for everyone. However, some of us have dietary restrictions or want to use more nutritious ingredients in cooking. Today I am sharing my nutrient-dense version without the flour and sugar. Watch the video below for how easy it is to make this healthy weed brownie.
Flourless Weed Brownie Ingredients
This flourless weed brownie recipe uses wholesome ingredients that are nutritious and refined-sugar free.
- Low-sodium canned black beans
- Medjool dates
- Pure vanilla extract
- Cacao powder
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Using a Food Processor
A food processor is a must for this recipe. You will need the food processor to puree the medjool dates and black beans, and blend them with rest of the ingredients. Although I process the ingredients in 2 stages (see video), I love the ease of making the batter entirely in a single food processor bowl.
Storing Weed Brownies
I recommend storing the brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Same as the classic weed brownies, these healthy brownies made from black beans and dates store well in the freezer and their texture will not change once defrosted. You can keep them in the freezer for 3 months. It’s a good idea to freeze weed brownies individually. This way you can defrost the desired amount a couple hours before you are ready to eat them.
Yield and Serving Suggestion
I used the same amount of cannabutter in this healthy weed brownie recipe as in my classic weed brownies. This is so that if you have consumed with one of the two brownies, you can expect the same experience with the other. For details, please read the “yield and serving suggestion” section of my classic weed brownies.
Adjusting Potency of The Weed Brownies
Please see the same section of my classic weed brownies recipe.
Related: More Tasty Cannabis Edibles You Will Love
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low-Dose)
- Cheesy Weed Crackers (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Cannabis Chocolate (Low-Dose, 3 Ingredients)
- Weed Ice Cream in 2 Flavours (Vanilla and Chocolate)
- Matcha Cannabis Ice Cream
Healthy Weed Brownies (Gluten-Free, Nutrient-Dense)
- 1/2 14-oz (398ml) can low-sodium black beans drained
- 2 large eggs
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabutter melted
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Add the black beans, eggs, medjool dates, vanilla extract and salt in a food processor. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add melted cannabutter and cacao powder in the food processor. Blend everything together.
- Line a 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides with oil. Transfer the brownie batter into the pan. Then level and smooth out the surface. You can decorate the brownie top with chocolate chips but that’s completely optional.
- Bake the brownie at 350℉ for 30 minutes. Remove the brownie from the pan to a cutting board. Cut the slab into 25 (5x5) even pieces.
- Half 14-oz can of drained black beans is about 3/4 cup
- If you are using pre-made cannabutter, you need to heat it up to melt the butter. Make sure your cannabutter is hot, so that the brownie batter is soft and easy to work with.
- When lining a square baking pan with parchment paper, I like to cover the bottom and 2 opposite sides and leave extra paper over the sides (see video) so that I can use the paper to lift out the brownie after baking. Grease the other 2 sides of the pan that’s not covered by parchment paper to prevent the brownie from sticking to the pan.
Leave a Reply