This easy Peking duck wrap tastes very similar to the restaurant version. However, my roasted duck is significant less labour-intensive and time-consuming to cook at home. You can impress families and guests with the delicious Peking duck wraps in under 1 hour.
My quick and easy version uses duck breasts only instead of a whole duck. You will also need the Peking duck pancakes to make this dish. Watch the video below for how to prepare all the fixings and assemble the wrap.
Easy Roasted Peking Duck Ingredients
- Duck Breasts
- Five-Spice Powder
Fixings To Serve With
- Thinly Julienned Green Onions
- Thinly Julienned Cucumbers
- Sweet Bean Sauce: You may find it in Chinese stores. It may go by the name of “sweet bean paste” or “Tianmianjiang” (甜面酱).
- Peking Duck Pancakes
How to Assemble the Peking Duck Wrap
The chefs do not need to assemble the wraps. The right way to eat this dish is to serve the duck along with all the fixings on the table, and have the individuals make their own wraps at the time of eating.
To assemble, spread a thin layer of sweet bean paste on a single layer of pancake, place a few pieces of duck, some green onion and cucumber. Fold the 2 sides of the pancake towards the middle, then it’s ready! Watch my video to see this in action.
Tasty Side Dishes You Can Serve with Peking Duck Wraps
- Ginger Orange Pickled Daikon
- Sichuan Fermented Vegetables
- Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Minced Pork
- Moo Shu Pork
- Red-Braised Eggplants
- Immune-Boosting Chicken Broth Seaweed Egg Drop Soup
- Instant Pot Sticky Rice Steamed Pork Ribs
- Spicy Szechuan Tripe Salad
- Eight Treasure Congee
- Millet Sweet Potato Porridge
Easy Peking Duck Wrap
For Roasted Duck
- 3 duck breasts approx. 1/2 pound per duck breast
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 stalks green onion
- 1 English cucumber
- 2/3 cup sweet bean sauce
- 1 batch Peking duck pancakes
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Evenly coat the duck breasts in five-spice powder and salt. Place the duck breasts in a large baking tray, skin side up.
- Bake the duck breasts on the centre or top rack of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cut the green onion stalks and cucumbers into 2 to 3-inch segments, and then thinly julienne them length-wise.
- Cut the cooked duck breasts into 1/4-inch thin slices.
- Serve the duck, cucumber, green onion, and sweet bean paste all in separate dishes, along with warm fresh pancakes. Let everyone make their own wrap.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of sweet bean paste on a single layer of pancake, place a few pieces of duck, some green onion and cucumber. Fold the 2 sides of the pancake towards the middle.
Leave a Reply