This honey teriyaki salmon is the best of all worlds – healthy, delicious and easy! The recipe uses 5 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to make. Honey teriyaki salmon is refined sugar free and gluten-free.
This oven-baked salmon is so good that it matches up to the organic fish I splurged on. The recipe is easy to scale up or down. As you can see in the video, I made half of the recipe for a meal for two. Watch the video below for how easy it is to make the honey teriyaki salmon.
Honey Teriyaki Salmon Ingredients
You can’t get any easier than this for a tasty classic – the recipe uses only 5 ingredients. The honey teriyaki sauce contains 4 ingredients, and can be used on other proteins as well, such as chicken, shrimp and tofu.
- Salmon fillet
- Soy sauce: use tamari soy sauce for gluten-free
- If your salmon comes with skin, remove the scales so that you can eat the skin too. Salmon skin is full of healthy fat and gelatine.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel on both sides, so that the moisture will not dilute the sauce.
- I like to use a lemon zester to finely mince the ginger and garlic.
- If you have the time, you can marinate the salmon in the honey teriyaki sauce ahead of cooking time, though you don’t have to for a quick meal.
- Use a baking dish just big enough for the fish, to prevent the sauce from spreading and drying out in the oven.
- Baking time may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the fish. Be very careful not to over-cook the salmon.
Serve the salmon hot over rice for a quick meal. I paired it with Korean cucumber salad as you can see in the photos. You can also pair it with cucumber wakame salad for additional nutrition.
Related: More Quick And Easy Dishes You Will Love
- Easy Stir Fry Kimchi & Pork Belly
- Hamachi Crudo
- Easy Baked Butterfly Shrimp (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Spicy Cumin Lamb (Keto, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- Creamy Braised Veal Chops (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Olive and Preserved Lemon Poached Shrimp
- Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice /w Hot Dog and Eggs
Easy Honey Teriyaki Salmon
Honey Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillet with or without skin
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup naturally-brewed tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Remove the scales, if your salmon comes with skin. Pat the fillet dry with a paper towel on both sides, so that the moisture will not dilute the sauce.
- Finely mince ginger and garlic (I use a lemon zester). Mix ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish, ideally just big enough for the fish. Pour the sauce over the salmon. Bake the salmon for 10 minutes.
- (Optional) Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.