These weed crackers are crispy, cheesy and delicious. They are really easy to make and use only 4 ingredients. Everyone will love these cannabis-infused crackers, including those who need to be keto and gluten-free.
If you have been making your edibles at home, you probably have made cannabutter (the most common ingredient in many edible recipes like cannabis chocolate and cannabis ice cream). When I made cannabutter, I didn’t want to throw away the leftover cannabis pulp, so I repurposed them in baked goods. I found the cannabis pulp really great in these cheese crackers to help bind the other ingredients together. If you like something sweet, use your leftover pulp to make my cannabis peanut butter cookies. You will love them too!
Weed Cracker Ingredients
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Almond Flour
- Cannabis Pulp with Milk Solid (leftover from cannabutter)
Do I Have to Use Cheddar Cheese?
I love the flavour of cheddar cheese in this weed cracker recipe, but you can use other types of hard or semi-hard cheese too, such as parmigiano or mozzarella.
Weed Cracker Prep Tips
Follow the tips below to make the most successful cannabis-infused cheese and almond flour crackers.
- When flattening the dough, I place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to prevent it from sticking to the cutting board or the rolling pin.
- The thinner you flatten the dough (without breaking) the crispier the crackers will be. I recommend making these crackers 1/8-inch think.
- After cutting the crackers, separate them into individual pieces before baking. This ensures that all edges expose to heat and we bake the crackers evenly.
- The baked crackers will be soft initially. Leave them in the oven with the door open ajar and allow the crackers to cool down gradually. The remaining heat will help to draw out the moisture and crisp up the crackers.
Yield and Serving Suggestion
I cut my weed crackers to about 1.5-inch size squares, and this recipe makes approximately 48 crackers.
If you have a low tolerance to cannabis edibles, start with 2 crackers. It takes about 2 hours for the effect of cannabis to kick in. Increase consumption only when you feel comfortable. Some people can eat up to 16 crackers. I explained more about serving size and dosage in my cannabis peanut butter cookies recipe.
Adjust the Yield
You may want to adjust the yield, by increasing or reducing the ingredient amount, based on how much you will consume. Because crackers will lose the crispiness if stored in the fridge or freezer, I recommend making the amount you can consume within 1 to 2 weeks.
Cheesy Weed Crackers (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 batch cannabis pulp with milk solids (leftover from cannabutter) approx. 1/3 cup per batch
- Add the shredded cheese, almond flour and salt into the food processor. Blend the ingredients on high speed into loose crumbs.
- Pour the cannabis pulp with milk solids (leftover from cannabutter) into the food processor. Blend again until all ingredients are well combined. The mixture should be sticky enough to make a dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cutting board. Remove the mixture from the food processor to form a ball. Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper and then press it down by hands. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the whole piece to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Use a pizza cutter to cut the flattened dough into 1.5-inch squares.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you can reuse the top sheet from earlier when rolling the dough). Carefully transfer individual squares onto the baking sheet, leaving space in between pieces. If one baking sheet is not big enough for all the crackers, fill a second baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheets on the middle rack of a pre-heated oven. Bake at 350℉ for 15 minutes. Flip all the crackers half way through.
- Turn off the oven and leave the oven door ajar. Let the crackers cool down inside the oven. This process will crisp up the crackers.
- Store crackers in a sealed container in room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- The use of parchment paper prevents the dough from sticking to the cutting board and the rolling pin.
- If you previously stored your leftover cannabis pulp with milk solids in the fridge, microwave for 20 seconds to return it back to liquid form.
Are you not killing the thc by cooking it above 245?